Аграрный вестник Урала № 01 (155) 2017Биология и биотехнологии
Perspective of ALTERNATE STRIP felling in pine stands of Altai
Silvicultural advantages of alternate strip felling application over clear or selective felling has been analyzed in the paper. Itis pointed out that the information data on mature and overmature stands felling is in full accordance with the biology of commonpine (Pinus sylvestris L.) as it eliminates rivalry for undergrowth from maternal stands and guarantees seeding on cut downstripes as well as under the canopies of maternal standing strips. Economic effectiveness of alternate strip felling consists in increasinglabour productivity of felling harvester operator (driver) as there is no need to choose trees when felling. Alternate stripfelling carried out in pine forests of Altai does not lead to windfall timber formation nor to some other negative consequences.But at the same time the above-mentioned felling types carried out in grassy forest types for lack of undergrowth preliminarygeneration result in grassy vegetation spreading out. It hampers natural reforestation on felled strips. To guarantee successfulreforestation it is necessary to include formation of common pine forest cultures in the practice of alternate strip felling andadd this recommendation to the normative documents on reforestation. According to the reforestation rules now artificial standsformation in alternate strip felling is not envisaged. Objects of our research were the pine plantings of tape pine forests of AltaiKrai subjected to experimental gradual alternate strip felling. In the course of the research the condition of the part of a foreststand left on growing and success of natural reforestation was studied.
Altai krai, pine stands, mature and overmature pine stands cutting, alternate strip felling, reforestation, forest cultures.
1. Forest code of the Russian Federation. Ekaterinburg, 2007. 56 p.
2. Azarenok V. A., Hertz E. F., Zalesov S. V., Mekhrentsev A. V. Assortment procurement of wood. Ekaterinburg,
2015. 140 p.
3. On approval of Rules of procurement of wood : the order of Federal Forestry Agency (Rosleskhoz) from August 1,
2011 № 337.
4. Zalesov S. V., Azarenok V. A., Hertz E. F., Luganskiy N. A., Magasumov A. G. The reference book of assortment
technologies of procurement of wood based on multioperational machines in the territory of Khanty-Mansi
Autonomous Okrug. Ekaterinburg, 2009. 88 p.
5. Azarenok V. A., Zalesov S. V., Hertz E. F., Godovalov G. A., Luganskiy N. A., Magasumov A. G., Zalesov
E. S., Platonov E. P. Recommendations about assortment procurement of wood by multioperational machines in the
territory of Sverdlovsk region. Ekaterinburg, 2010. 67 p.
6. Zalesov S. V., Vedernikov E. A., Zalesov V. N., Sandakov O. N., Usov M. V., Epha D. E., Shubin D. A.
Enhancement of ripe and overmatured plantings // Innovations is a basis of development of the pulp-and-paper and
woodworking industry : proc. of the intern. scient. and pract. symp. Perm, 2016. P. 168–172.
7. Kalachev A. A., Zalesov S. V. Allowances of increase in productivity of dark coniferous forests of Ore Altai //
Agrarian Bulletin of the Urals. № 4. 2016. P. 66–70.
8. Luganskiy N. A., Zalesov S. V., Luganskiy V. N. Forest studies and forestry. Terms, concepts, definitions.
Ekaterinburg, 2015. 125 p.
9. Azarenok V. A., Zalesov S. V. Ecologized forest felling. Ekaterinburg, 2015. 97 p.
10. Zalesov S. V., Zalesova E. S., Opletayev A. S. Selection of trees for the felling in case of wood procurement.
Ekaterinburg, 2015. 55 p.
11. Pomaznyuk V. A., Pozdeev E. G., Kayniy I. E. Management on technology and the organization of felling works
in case of band and gradual fellings in the woods of the first group of the Urals. Sverdlovsk, 1987. 20 p.
12. Bunkova N. P., Zalesov S. V., Zoteeva E. A., Magasumova A. G. Phytomonitoring bases. Ekaterinburg, 2011.
13. Dancheva A. V., Zalesov S. V. Environmental monitoring of forest plantings of recreational appointment.
Ekaterinburg, 2015. 152 p.
14. Malinovsky A. A., Kupriyanov A. N. Pyrogene successions in the flat pine woods of the southern part of
Western Siberia. Novosibirsk, 2015. 208 p.
Download article as PDF: