Аграрный вестник Урала № 01 (155) 2017Экономика
Foreign economic and interregional CONDITIONS of food security in Russia
The development of the Russian economy is under the continuous influence of internal and external factors. Foreigneconomic security demands that the country's participation in the world system create the most favourable conditions forthe development of national production to the national economy that in the least felt the shocks from negative economic andpolitical events in the world. In the foreign field safety is due to natural, technological, infrastructural, institutional, social andother factors in the development of the country. But the main problem is that Russia is increasingly turning into a raw materialsappendage of the developed countries not using their resources, particularly food. Speaking about the system of procurementand sales of agricultural products by domestic producers, it is necessary to consider import substitution in the food sector ofRussia. It does not imply refusal to purchase food from other countries. The basis of import substitution lies in competition andimproving the quality and production of agricultural products cultivated in Russia, which can be considered as a priority fordevelopment of domestic agricultural production. This requires a special motivational basis, stimulating the development ofagribusiness in the country. As such, incentive is necessary to create a modern methodological basis, the state and the structureof control over the quality and safety of food products. This will improve the efficiency of state forecasting of socio-economicdevelopment of rural areas, starting at the regional level.
agrarian sector, the internal and external factors, government support, import substitution, domestic production, food security, agricultural production, economic security.
Quality assurance and safety of products of livestock production within
the Customs Union (information on technical regulations) // Agrarian Bulletin of the Urals. 2014. № 4. P. 78–84.
4. Gafurov Sh. I. Problems of food security of Russia // Science Time. 2014. № 12. P. 94–97.
5. Ivanov V., Goncharov V. Food complex: development problems // Economist. 2013. № 3. P. 13–20.
6. Ilyin V. A. Homeland and regional security: a look from the region // Economic and social changes: facts,
tendencies, forecast. 2013. № 3. P. 9–20.
7. Newsletter of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation. URL : http://ugrales.ru/upravl/42-
8. Kostyaev A. I., Kostusenko I. I. Ensuring food security of Russia: regional aspect // Economy of agricultural and
processing enterprises. 2012. № 5. P. 4–7.
9. Krylatykh E. N. Food security in the conditions of integration: tendencies, achievements, threats // Economy of
agricultural and processing enterprises. 2013. № 4. P. 16–19.
10. Novoselov Yu. A. Import substitution and its role in food security and development of agrarian and industrial
complex // Food security, import substitution and social and economic problems of development of agrarian and
industrial complex : proc. of the intern. scient. and pract. symp. Novosibirsk, 2016. P. 18–23.
11. Romanenko I. A. Food independence of regional agrofood systems of Russia // Economy of agricultural and
processing enterprises. 2015. № 2. P. 58–60.
12. Savkin V., Proka N. Food security of the state: condition and forecast // Problems of the theory and management
practice. 2013. № 1. P. 25–37.
13. On the quality and safety of foodstuff : the federal law № 29–FZ from January 2, 2000 // Collection of the
legislation of the Russian Federation. 2000. № 2. Art. 150.
14. Yakubovich E. N. Import substitution as basis of ensuring food security of the state // Economy of agricultural
and processing enterprises. 2015. № 2. P. 241–248.
15. Barclay K., Epstein C. Securing fish for the nation: food security and governmentality in Japan // Asian Studies
Review. 2013. Vol. 37. № 2. P. 215–233.
16. Chupina I. P. The competitiveness of products as the object of a targeted strategic development of an economic
entity // Eastern European Scientific Journal. 2016. № 1. P. 59–62.
17. Rosegrant M. W., Cline S. A. Global food security: challenges and policies // Science. 2013. Vol. 302. № 5652.
18. Wegren S. K. The Russian food embargo and food security: can household production fill the void? // Eurasian
geography and economics. 2014. Vol. 55. № 5. P. 491–513.
Download article as PDF: