Аграрный вестник Урала № 06 (160) 2017Биология и биотехнологии
PROJECT OF TECHNOLOGY FOR THE PROTECTION OF NORTHERN DEER FROM ATTACK BY DIPTERA BLOODSUCKING INSECTS AND IMAGO GADFLIES IN CONDITIONS OF THE TUNDRA
Reindeer herding is a traditional, ethno-forming occupation of the small peoples of the North. In the absence of protectivemeasures, the loss from animals to one herd of domestic reindeer with a livestock of 2000 animals on the average make1940.84 thousand rubles, which makes it necessary to study the features of the ecology of the components of the midges, toseek means and methods for protecting animals. The work was carried out in the agrocenosis of the northwestern coastaltundra of the Municipal district “Anabar national (dolgan-evenki) ulus (district)” of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) in 2013during the migration of reindeer herding № 7 with a livestock of 2000 animals. In the study season, the number of mosquitoesrecorded for deer was up to 4610 insects. We used a backpack generator “Farmate-3” with a dispersion of 70-120 μm foraqueous solutions, and as an insecticide – Butox-50. A project has been developed to protect the reindeer from blood-suckingdipterous insects and imago gadflies in the tundra zone of Yakutia. The project is protected by the Russian Federation patent№ 2595831. Characteristics of the project: Ultra-low-volume spraying technology is used, the treatment time is 5–10 minutes,the treatment frequency is 2 times a day during the mass flight of the midges, the duration of the protective action is 6 hours,the consumption of 0.05 % emulsion deltamethrin 7 ml on one animal, dispersity of aerosol of 70–120 microns, economiceffect on 1 ruble of expenses – 28.7 rubles. The technical effectiveness of the proposed invention is the use of an authorizedpreparation, a reduction in the labor intensity and harmlessness of spraying deer.
bloodsucking mosquitoes, insects, seasonal numbers, counting, tundra, reindeer, technology, patent
1. Barashkova А. I., Reshetnikov А. D. Diptera bloodsucking insects of agrocnosises in Yakutia and protection
against midges of farm animals : monography. 2015. 164 p.
2. Barashkova А. I., Reshetnikov А. D. Researches for practice tools and techniques to protect livestock from
attack by bloodsucking insects Diptera in Yakutia // Bulletin of the Buryat State Agricultural Academy of V. R.
Filippov. 2014. № 3. P. 7–13.
3. Barashkova A. I., Reshetnikov A. D. The seasonal course of the number of blood-sucking mosquitoes (Diptera,
Culicidae) of the river districts of Yakutia // Agrarian science to the agricultural production of Siberia, Mongolia,
Kazakhstan and Bulgaria : collection of scientific reports of the XVII intern. scient. and pract. conf. in 2 parts.
2014. Vol. II. P. 82–84.
4. Barashkova A. I., Reshetnikov A. D. Places of fecundity and seasonal course of mosquito numbers (Diptera,
Culicidae) in Oymyakonsky district of Yakutia // Science and education. 2015. № 3. P. 108–111.
5. Barashkova A. I., Reshetnikov A. D. Seasonal dynamics of flying of blood-sucking mosquitoes (Diptera,
Culicidae) in agroecosystems of Suntarsky district of the western zone of Yakutia // Theoretical and applied aspects
of modern science : proc. of VIII intern. scient. and pract. conf. in 7 parts. 2015. Part I. P. 67–69.
6. Barashkova A. I., Reshetnikov A. D. Number of larvae of blood-sucking mosquitoes (Diptera, Culicidae) in the
agrocenosis of the northwestern coastal tundra of Yakutia // Theoretical and applied aspects of modern science :
proc. of VIII intern. scient. and pract. conf. in 7 parts. 2015. Part I. P. 67–69.
7. Barashkova A. I., Reshetnikov A. D. Ecology of preimaginal phases of mosquitoes (Diptera, Culicidae) in
agroecosystems of Central Yakutia // Actual problems of veterinary biology. 2015. № 4. P. 11–13.
8. State catalog of pesticides and agrochemicals allowed for use on the territory of the Russian Federation and
additions to it. URL : http://www.pesticidy.ru/ps-content/literature/files/.
9. Ishmuratov I. N. Testing the effectiveness of oxamate for protecting animals against midges in the Tyumen
region // Scientific and technical bulletin of the All-Union scientific research institute of veterinary entomology and
arachnology. Tyumen, 1976. Issue 7. P. 31–33.
10. Ishmuratov I. N., Dolnikov Yu. Ya. Investigation of the effectiveness of repellent compositions for protection of
animals against midges // Questions of veterinary arachno-entomology: Scientific and technical bulletin of the All-
Union Scientific Research Institute of Veterinary Entomology and Arachnology. Tyumen, 1986. Issue 30. P. 21–26.
11. Pavlov S. D. Methodical recommendations for studying of the effectiveness of repellents and insecticides in
veterinary medicine. M. : All-Union Academy of Agricultural Sciences of Lenin. 1982. 14 p.
12. Russian Federation patent № 2014144858/15 06.11.2014. Reshetnikov A. D., Barashkova A. I. Way of protection
of domestic reindeers against attack of midges // Patent of Russia № 2595831. 2016. Bulletin № 24.
13. Reshetnikov A. D. Barashkova A. I., Dayanova G. I., Tuprin R. D. Annual prevented damage resulting from
the protection of reindeer from the attack of blood-sucking mosquitoes // Current tendencies in the development of
science and technology : proc. of the first intern. scient. and pract. conf. in 7 parts. 2015. Part I. P. 109–115.
14. Reshetnikov A. D. Barashkova A. I., Tuprin R. D., Dayanova G. I. Estimation of economic efficiency of
protection of reindeers from attack of blood-sucking mosquitoes // Current tendencies of development of science
and technologies : proc. of the II intern. scient. and pract. conf. in 7 parts. 2015. Part I. P. 84–88.
15. Reshetnikov A. D., Barashkova A. I., Tuprin R. D. Losses from the die-offs of reindeer in the mass attack of
blood-sucking mosquitoes on the example of Municipal unitary enterprise (MUE) named after the Hero of Labor,
Ilya Spiridonov, Anabar district, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) // Theoretical and applied aspects of modern science
in 6 parts. 2015. Part I. P. 69–73.
16. Robbek N. S., Barashkova A. I., Reshetnikov A. D., Rumyantseva T. D., Savvin R. G. The role of venison in the
nutrition of the indigenous population of the North // Agrarian Bulletin of Ural. 2015. № 9. P. 25–31.
Download article as PDF: