Аграрный вестник Урала № 11 (165) 2017Биология и биотехнологии
УДК:633.81; 631.52; 631.53.01
HISTORY, MODERN STATE AND PROSPECTS OF THE ESSENTIAL OIL INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
The article isfocused on the question of the a brief historical overview relating to theformation and development of the essential oil industry in the Crimea. Theinformation on the contemporary state of essential oil industry is alsoprovided. Dynamics of theexpansion of the area/acreage under cultivation of the main essentialoil the crops cultivated in the Crimea such as angustifolia lavender, roseessential oil, clary sage, coriander is shown. Causes of declining crops yieldsand the level ofproductivity of these crops’ raw material are mentioned. Considering thelevel of annual purchase costs that are spent for the acquisition of import essential oilproduction, which is popular among the numerous industrial sectors, the question about the urgent need tore-establishessential oil industry is being widely raised. This fully corresponds to thepolicy of import substitution in the agricultural sector that currently isdeclared at the highest level. It has been rightly indicated that the Crimea ispotentially the very region, where the process of essential oil industryrevival can be launched on the national scale. One of the most significantargument that confirms in favor of this statement in addition to the soil andclimatic conditions of the Crimea, which are favorable, the long-term scientificstudies concerning wide range of essential oil crops have been traditionallyconducting in the Crimea. Huge high-quality base (58 varieties) of a wide rangeof essential oil crops (27 types) are currently available to Federal StateBudgetary Scientific Institution “Scientific Research Institute of Agricultureof Crimea” and Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution “Nikita BotanicalGarden – National Scientific Centre”.The possibilities for producing high qualityseeds and planting materials of essential oil crops that would cover the demandof agricultural producersnot only from the Crimea but also beyond the region also exist. The article consideredactivities undertaken at the solution to the problem of the essential oilindustry revival in the Crimea.
essential oil industry, variety, seeds and planting materials, essential oil crops.
1. Spicy and aromatic plants of the USSR and their use in the food industry/ Ed.by M.M. Ilyin, S.N Surzhina. M.: Pishchepromizdat. 1963. 432 p.
2. Voytkevich, S.S. Essential oils for perfumery and aromatherapy. M.: Food industry, 1999. 284p.
3. Stankov S. S. Wild useful plants of the USSR. (Description of the main medicinal, food and technical plants of the USSR, methods for their collection and drying) // [2nd corr. and ext. ed.]. M.: Sovetskayanayka. 1951. P. 264-270.
4. Atlas of areas and resources of medicinal plants of the USSR // [ch. editor P.S.Chikov].M.: GUGK. 1980. P. 286-287.
5. Tkachenko K.G. Essential oil plants and essential oils: achievements and perspectives, current trends in the study and application // Udmurtia University Herald. 2011. Vol. 1. P.88-100.
6. Tkachenko K.G., Kazarinova N.V., Shkil N.A., Chupakhina N.V. Essential oils as disinfectants in veterinary // Scientific statements of Belgorod State University. Series: Medicine. Pharmacy. 2009. V.59. №7. P. 58-66.
7. Gunko G.K. State of oil crops in the USSR // Essential oil crops, their culture and essential oils. General part // Ed. by prof. E.V.Vulf. L. 1933. Vol.1. P.157-169.
8. All-Union Scientific Research Institute of Essential-oil Crops. / Comp. by Smolyanov A.M., Vasyuta G.G., Stekolshchikov K.G., Khilik L.A.// Simferopol: Publ. house "Crimea». 1968. 32 p.
9. Shein I.V. The effectiveness of the land usage under coriander//Ministry of Food Industry of the USSR. All-Union Scientific Research Institute of Essential-oil Crops. Breeding, cultivation technology and processing of oil bearing crops. Simferopol. 1982. Collection of works. Vol. XIV. P.202-207.
10. Tyutyunnik V.I., Persidskaya E.G., Melnikov V.N., Sazhina N.G. The state of essential oils quality, which were processedby plants in 1984-1985//Gosagroprom SSR. Scientific and Production Association for essential oil crops and oils. All-Union Scientific Research Institute of aromatic crops. Selection of oil-bearing crops, their cultivation and processing technology. Simferopol. 1987. Collection of works. Vol.XVIII. P.156-163.
11. Boyko I. Ya., Zaitsev L.V. The role of mechanical engineering in the acceleration of scientific and technical progress in the essential oil industry. // Gosagroprom SSR. Scientific and Production Association for essential oil crops and oils. All-Union Scientific Research Institute of aromatic crops. Selection of oil-bearing crops, their cultivation and processing technology. Simferopol. 1987. Collection of works. Vol. XIX. P.229-234.
12. Zaitsev L.V. Prospects for the development of foreign economic activity of enterprises of essential oil industry // The Ministry of Medical Industry of the USSR. Scientific and Production Association for essential oil crops and oils. All-Union Scientific Research Institute of aromatic crops. Selection of oil-bearing crops, their cultivation and processing technology. Simferopol. 1987. Collection of works. Vol. XX. P.190-196.
13. Cherkashina, E.V. Economics and organization of rational use and protection of lands of essential oil and medicinal industry in the Russian Federation: Dis... Doctor of Economics. Sciences: 008.00.05 / E.V.Cherkashina; FSBEI of higher professional Education "State University of Land Management." M., 2014. 419p.
14. Nevkrytaya N.V., Mishnev A.V. The contemporary state of essential oil plants’ selection and seed breeding in the Crimea // Works of Kuban State Agrarian University. KubSAU. 2016. Issue 2 (59). P.287-296.
15. State Registry of Selection Achievements Accepted for Usage. Vol.1. “Plants varieties” (official issue). M.: FSBSI “Rosinfobrmagrotekh”, 2017. 504p.
16. Science-based strategy for the development of agro-industrial complex of the Crimea until 2020. Simferopol: PH "Arial». 2016. P.68-95.
Download article as PDF: