Аграрный вестник Урала № 11 (178) 2018Биология и биотехнологии
MORPHOFUNCTIONAL PARAMETERS OF THE BLOOD OF SHEEP DURING PREGNANCY AND THE POST PARTUM PERIOD IN CONDITIONS OF IODINE DEFICIENCY ZONE OF THE STAVROPOL TERRITORY
Stavropol Krai,where sheep-breeding is developed, in particular in its Eastern area(Apanasenkovskom, Arzgirskogo, levokumskiy, Neftekumsk, Turkmen districts), isan endemic region for iodine. The study of blood composition is one of the mostimportant indicators that characterize the physiological state of animals andtheir adaptive capacity, especially in endemic areas. The aim of the study wasto study the morphological and functional parameters of blood of sheep duringpregnancy and after childbirth in the Eastern (iodine deficiency) zone of theStavropol territory. Research was carried out in 2016–2018 in sheep farmslocated in the Eastern zone of the Stavropol territory and in the Scientific-diagnosticand Medical-veterinary Center of StavropolState Agrarian University. For research, the object was the blood of clinicallyhealthy sheep of the Stavropol breed, taken before insemination, on the 90thand 135th days of pregnancy and in the postpartum period. As a result ofresearches it is established that at sheep of Stavropol breed in the conditionsof an endemic zone of Stavropol Krai on iodine the highest values of quantityof erythrocytes and leukocytes are noted during pregnancy on the 90th day thattestifies to activation of hemo- and leukopoiesis. Hemoglobin levels werehigher in late pregnancy (135th day), and hematocrit number was higher in sheepbefore insemination and in the future it tends to decrease. The studiedmorphofunctional blood parameters in sheep after childbirth were the lowestcompared to the blood levels of sheep before insemination and during pregnancy.
blood, sheep, pregnancy, postpartum period, iodine, endemic zone, hematopoiesis, homeostasis, adaptation
1. Aboneyev D. V., Chizhova L. N., Mikhailenko A. K., Dolgashova M. A. Features of the metabolism of the maternal organism of sheep in the fruiting period // The Latest Scientific Achievements: collection of scientific papers on materials of the IX International Scientific and Practical Conference. March 17–25, 2013. Vol. 20. P. 41–43.
2. Kizhina A. G., Uzenbaeva L. B., Ilyukha V. A. Ontogenetic changes in morphological and functional organization of leukocytes in burrows with the pathology of the lysosomal system // Modern problems of anatomy, histology and embryology of animals: collection of scientific papers on materials of the VI all-Russian Scientific Internet Conference. May 14–15, 2015. P. 37–38.
3. Kits E. A., Goryacheva E. V., Lapteva M. S. To the question of the role of laboratory studies of blood serum of sheep and goats, as one method of early diagnosis of metabolic disorders in their body (clinical case) // Innovative technologies in agriculture, veterinary and food industry 2017: collection of scientific papers on materials of the … International Scientific and Practical Conference “Agricultural Science-North Caucasus Federal District”. April 26, 2017. P. 201–205.
4. Kuznetsov O. E., Volchkevich O. M., Kuzmin, Y. A. Indicators of hemostasis in pregnancy // Actual scientific researches in the modern world. 2016. № 9–5 (17). P. 96–100.
5. Petrov A. K., Gnezdilova L. A., Petrova T. N. The possibility of using iodine preparations to improve the reproductive ability of ewes and improve the hormonal status of lambs // Priority research areas: from theory to practice. 2015. № 20–1. P. 26–30.
6. Pismennaya E. V., Kipa L. W., Shopskaya N. B. The natural potential of the zonal specialization of the Stavropol territory // Bulletin AIC Stavropol. 2014. № 3 (15). P. 148–153.
7. Khompodoyeva U. V., Ilin A. N., Bagirov V. A., Ivanov R. V. Morphological and biochemical blood indicators of the ewes in the period of pregnancy and after childbirth in Yakutia // European research: collection of scientific papers on materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. November 20, 2016. P. 46–49.
8. Giacobbe A. M., Grasso R., Triolo O., Tonni G., Granese R. Thyroid diseases in pregnancy: a current and controversial topic on diagnosis and treatment over the past 20 years //Arch. Gynecol. Obstet. 2015. Vol. 292. P. 1–8.
9. Guidelines of the American Thyroid Association for the Diagnosis and Management of Thyroid Disease During Pregnancy and the Postpartum / Alexander E., Pearce E., Brent G., Brown R., et al. // Thyroid. 2017. Vol. 27 (3). Р. 315–389.
10. Pearce E. N. Assessing iodine intakes in pregnancy: why does this matter? // Br. J. Nutr. 2015. Vol. 113 (8). P. 1179–1181.
Download article as PDF: