Аграрный вестник Урала № 12 (179) 2018Агротехнологии
TEMPERATURE FACTOR AS THE MAIN CRITERION FOR ESTABLISHING THE OPTIMAL TIME FOR PLANTING WINTER GARLIC
The article presents results of the study of influence of biochemicalcomposition of cloves and temperature on the growth of garlic plants. Correlationanalysis showed a weak and average dependence of the length of the plantregrowth period on the biochemical composition of garlic cloves. It was determinedthat the main factor affecting the timing of plant emergence is temperature. Bythe duration of the period from planting to germination, varieties andpromising samples of garlic of ARRRI breeding were divided into threegroups.The emergence of seedlings in the first group is marked on the seventhday after planting. At the same time, the sum of air temperatures should be66.5 ° C and the soil at a depth of 5 cm – 59.0 °C. Seedlings from the second group appeared on thefifteenth day. The sum of air temperatures is 132.8 °C and soil – 130.9 °C. Thethird group has the longest regrowth period – 25 days. For the emergence ofgarlic shoots, a sum of temperatures is necessary – 200 °C, the same amount ofheat is necessary for the growth of mother plants of onions of wintervarieties.When determining the timing of planting winter garlic in the field,you should consider the weather forecast and begin planting with varieties ofthe third group, ending with the first group of garlic varieties, so that bythe onset of a steady cold snap, the root system of the garlic plants hasdeveloped without regrowth of leaves on the soil surface.When using plantingmaterial for the forcing of garlic on green varieties are also divided into twogroups according to the length of the period from planting to germination. Itwas established that in the first group of varieties shoots appeared on the17th day after planting. For them, the sum of air temperatures is 106.4 °C. Theshoots of the second group appeared on the 25th day, after planting and the sumof air temperatures was 141.0 °C.
winter garlic, planting time, seedlings, temperature, biochemical analysis.
1. Valkov V. F., Shtompel Yu. A., Tyulpanov V. I. Soil studies (soils of Northern Caucasus): college textbook. – Krasnodar: Sov. Kuban, 2002. 728 p.
2. Gish R. A., Gikalo G. S. Vegetable growing in the South of Russia. Krasnodar: EDVI, 2012. 632 p.
3. Gish R. A., Blagorodova E. N., Lukomets S. G. Technology of growing garlic on leached black soil of the Kuban in the conditions of small forms of management Krasnodar: KubSAU, 2012. – 29 p.
4. Korol V. G. Yield under coating. V.G. Korol // Gavrish. 2015. No. 3. P. 26–31.
5. Lazko V. E., Yakimova O. V., Lukomets S. G., Blagorodova E. N. Agroecological testing of varieties and promising lines of winter garlic of ARRRI breeding in different soil and climatic zones of Krasnodar region // Scientific and Production Journal “Rice growing”. 2017. No. 1 (34). P. 57.
6. Lazko V. E., Yakimova O. V., Lukomets S. G. Growing winter garlic under cover material “Acryl” // Scientific support of crop production in modern conditions, International Scientific and Practical Conference dedicated to 85th anniversary of FSBSI ARRRI. 2016. P. 125–132.
7. Lazko V. E., Yakimova O. V., Sleptsova O. I., Blagorodova E. N. Agrobiological substantiation of garlic forcing in a film unheated greenhouse // Scientific and Production Journal “Rice growing”. 2018. No. 4 (41).
8. Lazko V. E., Bogolepova N. I., Lukomets S. G. Justification of the choice of varieties of winter garlic and the possibility of their cultivation under the covering material // Achievements of Science and Technology of AIC. –2015. Vol. 29. No. 12. P. 58–61.
9. Litvinov S. S. Methods of experimenting in vegetable growing. М., 2011. 648 p.
10. Sheudzhen A. Kh., Bondareva T. N. Methods of agrochemical research and statistical evaluation of their results: study guide 2nd ed. revised and enlarged. Maykop: “Polygraph-Yug”, 2015. 664 p.
Download article as PDF: