Аграрный вестник Урала № 07 (186) 2019Агротехнологии
УДК:635.21: 631.527: 631.524.022
Perspective potato hybrids selection by their adaptability factors in the European North conditions
Promising potato hybrids, as further varieties, are one of the determining factors for an increase in crop productivity, sector stabilization and quality improvement of the final product. Therefore, one of the most crucial tasks of breeding is to find ways to manage the breeding process of development of early-ripening interspecific potato hybrids with high economic characters. At the initial stages of the research, it is essential to test the varieties in different geographical areas and identify their adaptive capacity, namely adaptability to specific soil and climatic conditions. The article presents the results of the studies that recognized promising interspecific hybrids in terms of their adaptability and suitability for cultivation in the European North tested from 2014 to 2017 in four points (Leningrad, Arkhangelsk and Murmansk regions and the Republic of Karelia). As a result of the research, two potato varieties were obtained: Eurasia (hybrid 5403/2) and Siversky (hybrid 3602/28). The cultivar Eurasia was allowed (in 2017) to be grown in the conditions of the Northwest region.
potatoes, interspecific hybrids, yield, ecological plasticity, stability, breeding value
1. Evdokimova Z. Z. [et al.] Innovations in the creation of early-ripening potato varieties for the conditions of the North-West and the European North // New methods and results of landscape studies in Europe, Central Asia and Siberia: a collective monograph. In 5 volumes. Volume 1. The landscape in the XXI century: analysis of the state, the basic processes and concepts of research / Under the editorship of academician of RAS V. G. Sychev, L. Muller. – Moscow : publishing house of the Federal State Scientific Institution “Institute of agricultural chemistry”, 2018. – Pp. 498–499.
2. Dragavtsev V. A. [et al.] Management of interaction “genotype – environment” – the most important lever to increase crop yields // Proceedings of the Kuban State Agrarian University. 2016. No. 2 (59). Pp. 105–121.
3. Potanin V. G., Aleynikov A. F., Stepochkin P. I. a New approach to the assessment of ecological plasticity of plant varieties // Vavilov journal of genetics and selection. 2014. Vol. 18. No. 3. Pp. 548–552.
4. Sapega V. A., Tursunbekova G. S. estimates of winter rye varieties by yield and parameters of ecological plasticity in conditions of the Northern Urals // Agrarian Science of Euro-North-East. 2018. Vol. 64. No. 3. Pp. 22–27.
5. Arkhipov M. V., Sinitsina S. M., Danilova T. A. The role of the variety in ensuring food independence of the North-West of Russia // Proceedings of the Kuban State Agrarian University. 2015. No. 54. Pp. 276–281.
6. Nelyubin N. A., Chelnokov V. V. Investigation of stability of potato cultivars to bio - and abio-the stressors in the far North // The development of agriculture in black earth: problems and solutions: collection of scientific works. proceedings of the international scientific-practical conferences. 2016. Pp. 92–95.
7. Goncharenko A. A. The problem of ecological stability of varieties of grain crops and selection problems // Agrarian Bulletin of the South-East. 2015. No. 1-2. Pp. 32–35.
8. Simakov E. A. [et al.] The use of ecological and geographical factors to improve the efficiency of potato breeding // Achievements of science and technology of agriculture. 2015. Vol. 29. No. 11. Pp. 44–46.
9. Popova L. A. [et al.] Evaluation of productivity and adaptability of potato varieties of different maturity groups in the Arkhangelsk region // agricultural science of the Euro-North-East. 2017. No. 3 (58). Pp. 26–31.
10. Sergeeva L. B., Shanin, E. P. General adaptive ability and ecological stability of potato varieties depending on the background of mineral nutrition and cultivation zone // Agri-food policy in Russia. 2014. No. 6 (30). Pp. 19–22.
11. Armors B. D. Method of field experience (with the basics of statistical processing of research results). – Ed.6-e, stereotyped, reprinted from the 5th ed. 1985 – Moscow : Alliance, 2011. – 350 p.
12. Method of calculation and estimation of parameters of ecological plasticity of agricultural plants / V. A. Zykin [et al.]. – Ufa : Siberian research Institute of agriculture; Bashkir GAU, 2011. – 99 p.
13. Rekasius E. S. the Criterion of significance is the overall adaptive capacity: justification of the method // Agricultural science Euro-North-East. 2018. Vol. 66. No. 5. Pp. 30–33.
14. Mordvintsev M. P., Soldatkina E. A. Adaptability, ecological plasticity and stability of a new variety of barley Orenburg joint grain harvest // Bulletin of beef cattle. 2016. No. 3 (95). Pp. 128–137.
15. Filatova I. A., Braila I. S. Ecological plasticity and stability and varieties of peas in the stone steppe // Grains and cereals. 2016. No. 3 (19). Pp. 41–45.
Download article as PDF: