Аграрный вестник Урала № 08 (187) 2019Биология и биотехнологии
The study of the timing of calving and breeding domesticated reindeer in different areas of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
The articlepresents the materials of physiological bases of intensification ofreproduction of deer conducted in three periods of research: 1 – in the periodof active sexual season (August – November); 2 – in the period of fruiting(October – April – May); 3 – in the period of calving and postpartum period(April – June). During calving the whole breeding stock of the reindeer herdwas monitored with the help of experienced shepherds. The number of dailycalving were taken into account by the marking of the newborn. In thepostpartum stage, attention was paid to the behavior of the important, themother’s attitude to the newborn, the time of the first sucking, the timing ofthe separation of the afterbirth. From the given examples it is clear that thedeer rut does not end in October – November, some does can be covered inDecember – January. In reindeer husbandry, as a rule, free mating is used. Oneof the choir – the manufacturer accounts for 12–18 does. The chorus is easy to finda actually female in the hunt and stalking her prior to coating. Terms calvingand rut in different ulus of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), located indifferent climatic zones, vary. So the earliest terms of manifestation ofsexual excitement begins at deer of breed Hargin of the Nizhnekolymskiy uluswhich are in softer conditions of existence, in the period from August 22 toSeptember 20, and mass (91,4 %) – from August 22 to September 10. Then beginsthe rut of deer in the Momskiy ulus (Alpine zone) and Haryyalakh herds ofOlenek ulus (taiga zone), which lasts from 6 September to 10–15 October, andthe mass (94 %) – from 11–15 September to 30 September – 5 October. However,the individual does births occur in June – August and even in September. In thestudy of the pregnant state of important women, we found inappropriatepregnancy at certain times.
reindeer, reindeer herding, reproduction, rut, calving, herd, mating
1. Dayanova G. I. [et al.] Metodika sostavleniya tekhnologicheskoy karty, rascheta normativnykh zatrat po stadnomu soderzhaniyu oleney v Respublike Sakha (Yakutiya) [Method of drawing up the technological map, calculation of standard costs on herd content of deer in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)]. Yakutsk, 2017. 208 p.
2. Dotsev A. V. [et al.] Izucheniye bioraznoobraziya populyatsiy severnogo olenya Yakutii s primeneniyem analiza odnonukleotidnykh polimorfizmov [Study of the biodiversity of populations of reindeer of Yakutia with the use of analysis of single-nucleotide polymorphisms] // Biotekhnologiya: sostoyaniye i perspektivy razvitiya: materialy IX mezhdunarodnogo kongressa. 2017. Pp. 25–27.
3. Robbek N. S., Abramov A. F., Fedorov V. I., Rumyantseva T. D. Primeneniye porodospetsificheskikh osobennostey adaptatsionnykh reaktsiy domashnikh oleney v selektsionno-plemennoy rabote [Application portspecific peculiarities of adaptive reactions of the domesticated reindeer in the selection and breeding work] // Problemy i perspektivy razvitiya severnogo domashnego olenevodstva i eye rol’ v sokhranenii traditsionnogo obraza zhizni korennykh malochislennykh narodov Severa, Sibiri i Dal’nego vostoka Rossiyskoy Federatsii: materialy Vserossiyskoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii v ramkakh meropriyatiy IV s“yezda olenevodov Rossiyskoy Federatsii. Yakutsk, 2017. Pp. 97–99.
4. Sleptsov E. S. [et al.] Primeneniye zhivoy slaboagglyutinogennoy vaktsiny iz shtamma B. abortus 82 pri immunoprofilaktike brutselleza severnykh oleney [Application of live low-agglutinogenic vaccine from strain B. abortus 82 in immunoprophylaxis of brucellosis of reindeer] // Agrarian Bulletin of the Urals. 2015. No. 2 (132). Pp. 26–27.
5. Sleptsov E. S. [et al.] Immunogennost’ vaktsin iz shtammov B. abortus 19 i 82, B. suis 61 dlya severnykh oleney pri razlichnykh metodakh vvedeniya [Immunogenicity of the vaccine from strains B. abortus 19 and 82, B. suis 61 the reindeer with different methods of introduction] // Agrarian Bulletin of the Urals. 2014. No. 8 (126). Pp. 21–22.
6. Fedorov V. I. [et al.] K voprosu adaptatsii severnykh domashnikh oleney evenskoy porody k gorno-tayezhnoy zone severovostoka Rossii [To the question of adaptation of the Northern domestic deer of the even breed to the mountain taiga zone of the North-East of Russia] // Genetics and breeding of animals. 2018. No. 1. Pp. 115–121.
7. Fedorov V. I., Robbek N. S. Rumyantseva T. D. Zootekhnicheskiye parametry evenskoy evenkiyskoy porod oleney Respubliki Sakha (Yakutiya) [Zootechnical parameters of Evenk deer breeds of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)] // Vektory razvitiya nauki: sbornik statey studentov, aspirantov, molodykh uchenykh i prepodavateley. 2015. Pp. 57–59.
8. Fedorov V. I. [et al.] Osobennosti vosproizvoditel’noy funktsii severnykh zhivotnykh v Respublike Sakha (YAkutiya) [Features of reproductive function of Northern animals in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)]. Novosibirsk: ANS „Sibak“, 2018. 214 p. 9. Kharzinova V. R. [et al.] Populyatsionno-geneticheskaya kharakteristika domashnego severnogo olenya v Respublike Yakutiya na osnovanii polnogenomnogo snp-analiza [Population genetic characteristics of domestic reindeer in the Republic of Yakutia on the basis of genome-wide snp analysis] // Agricultural biology. 2017. Vol. 52. No. 4. Pp. 669–678.
10. Fedorov V. I. [et al.] On adapting domestic even reindeer to the mountain-taiga zone of the north-east of Russia // Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2018. Т. 10. No. 7. Pp. 1660–1662.
Download article as PDF: