Аграрный вестник Урала № 05 (111) 2013Ветеринария
The influence of inbreeding on milk producing ability, milk quality and reproductive ability of cows
The analysis of statistical data revealed that it is most efficient to use outbred animalsor animals from a remote degree of inbreeding to get the highest rates of milk producing ability. The use of remote inbreedingon outstanding servicing bulls is one of the main zootechnical methods toconsolidate the positive results obtained by selection and breeding work,as well as the breeding of outstanding servicingbulls, which are prepotent on breeding values. Data on milk productivity, asfirst-calf heifers, well as full grown animals show that the highest efficiencyis observed in animals with a remote degree of inbreeding. It is difficult toconduct genetic improvement of indicators of animal reproduction because theyhave a low level of heredity and are determined mainly by the differentenvironmental factors. At the same time it is considered that geneticcharacteristics, in particular the genealogical affiliation, significantlyinfluence on most indicators of reproductive ability of cows. The degree andprobability of action of these factors are specific to each farm, breed andregion. For the near future one of the main directions of scientific andtechnical progress will be the development of the system genetic-selectionmonitoring of intrapopulational processes in herds of dairy cattle. It shouldbe noted that special attention should be given to the monitoring of dairycattle reproduction in specific households and the possibility of includingevaluation on indicators of reproduction in the indices of breeding value ofbulls.
inbreeding, milk producing ability, milk quality, reproductive ability, cows.
1. Aksenenkov N., Beguchev A., Monoenkov M. Vliyanie raznyh tipov podbora na povyshenie produktivnosti korov //
Molochnoe i myasnoe skotovodstvo. 1973. # 4. S. 26.
2. ArzumanyanE. A. Teoriya i praktika primeneniya inbridinga v molochnom skotovodstve // Ispolzovanie inbridinga
v zhivotnovodstve. M. : Nauka, 1977. S. 48–50.
3. Baykov YU. V. Inbriding v evolyutsii i selektsii molochnogo skota // Selektsiya molochnogo skota i promyshlennye
tehnologii. M., 1990. S. 230–236.
4. Smirnov V. N., Rudenko O. V. Vliyanie inbridinga na produktivnye i vosproizvoditelnye kachestva korov // Zoo-
tehniya. 2008. # 8. S. 3–6.
5. Draganescu C. Facultatea de Sootehine, Bucuresti. Rev. Grestereaa-nim. 1975. an. 25. # 3. 25–30.
6. Groeneveld E. A world wide emergency programme for the creation of national genebanks of endangered breeds in animal
agriculture II Ctocarstvo 61 : 2007 (6). 427–434.
7. Gonzalez-Recio O., Lopez de Maturana E., Gutierrez J. P. Inbreeding Depression on Female Fertility and Calving Ease in
Spanish Dairy Cattle II J. Dairy Sci., 2007. 90 : 5744–5752.
Download article as PDF: