Аграрный вестник Урала № 06 (112) 2013Ветеринария
The influence of inbreeding on a live weight of cows, the cost effectiveness of inbreeding and production recommendations
Weight of animal is the most important breeding sign. Its relationship with the level of productivity and forage payment is revealed in dairy cattle breeding. Data on live weight of fresh cows showed that maximal weight observed in animals with a remote degree of inbreeding; the same trend can be seen in breeding multiplying farm in full aged animals; a slight decrease in body weight was noted in stud farms. Consequently, the positive effect of remote inbreeding on milk production is mediated by increased live weight of cows with a remote degree of inbreeding. To prevent the growth of the degree of inbreeding it is necessary to conduct individual binding of servicing bulls for pedigree stock in the breeding farms, in order to obtain animals only from a remote degree of inbreeding. When you select servicing bulls for completing of bovine herd it is necessary to consider their kinship and to get to artificial insemination station bulls, which are in the least kinship to already existing sires as possible; because the acquisition of the bulls, which are in relationship, greatly limits their use in breeding network. In order to facilitate the work of stock breeders on fastening sires, it is necessary to use the software for individual selection of pairs. To restore the true picture on distribution of inbreeding in the livestock population in the Sverdlovsk region, you need to completely fill the pedigree in the databases of breeding farms. Inbreeding is appropriate to use only in breeding farms on the outstanding animals, characterized by high breeding value and strong constitution. Inbreeding is not recommended in commodity economies, even in the remotest degree. The database scanning of sires in breeding farms of the Sverdlovsk region should be organized. In case of necessity any inaccuracies in entries of pedigree should be corrected. For reliable and accurate transmission of information about pedigrees of sires in breeding organizations the information should be transmit in electronic format.
inbreeding, live weight, cows, cost effectiveness, recommendations
1. N. Aksenenko, A. Beguchev, M. Monoenkov, Influence of different types of selection to increase the productivity of cows / /
Dairy and beef cattle. 1973. Number 4. S. 26.
2. A. Arzumanyan, Theory and practice of inbreeding in dairy cattle breeding / / Using inbreeding
in animal husbandry. Moscow: Nauka, 1977. S. 48-50.
3. V. Bikes, Inbreeding in the evolution and breeding of dairy cattle / / Breeding cattle and dairy industry technology. Moscow, 1990. S. 230-236.
4. V. N. Smirnov, O. V. Rudenko, Effect of inbreeding on productive and reproductive qualities of cows / / Animal science. 2008. Number 8. C. 3-6.
5. Draganescu C. Facultatea de Sootehine, Bucuresti. Rev. Grestereaa-nim. 1975. an. 25. Number three. 25-30.
6. Groeneveld E. A world wide emergency programme for the creation of national genebanks of endangered breeds in animal
agriculture II Ctocarstvo 61: 2007 (6). 427-434.
7. Gonzalez-Recio O., Lopez de Maturana E., Gutierrez J. P. Inbreeding Depression on Female Fertility and Calving Ease in
Spanish Dairy Cattle II J. Dairy Sci., 2007. 90: 5744-5752.