Аграрный вестник Урала № 10 (116) 2013Ветеринария
Evaluation of new corrosivity sanitizer use in animal husbandry
The studies of corrosion activity were undertaken in the laboratory of viral infections of the Ural scientific
research veterinary institute of RAAS. As the specimens under study the following disinfectants have been used:
sample № 1 — containing sodium salt of dichloroisocyanuric acid (44.5 % active chlorine) as an active substance;
sample № 2 — alkyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride (QAC) at a concentration of 26.75 % and glutaraldehyde
aldehyde (GA) at a concentration of 10.7 %; sample № 3 — QAC, concentration of 18.0 %. Within the period of 24
hours testing disinfectants don’t cause corrosion and change the color of metal products except for structural steel
ST-3, in respect of which the sample № 1 has a high corrosion activity (0.2181 g), and samples № 2 and 3 show
low corrosion activity (0.0247 and 0.0417 g, respectively). Visual inspection of steel ST-3 identified extraneous
rust when exposed to the sample № 1. The results indicate that the test disinfectant sample № 1 acts on the steel
ST-3 83 % more active than the standard. The inspection of the aluminium plate submerged in 2 % NaOH revealed
the change in structure and colour and an appearance of a grey corrosive plaque. The results obtained indicate that
the tested working prototypes of aqueous solutions of disinfectants have little corrosive action, with the exception
of steel ST-3, in which the sample № 1 has an impact. Therefore, samples of disinfectants passing the test can be
used for veterinary and sanitary processing of machines, cages, equipment, in stock-raising areas without significant
damage to the treated surfaces.
corrosion, corrosion activity, disinfection, disinfectants, stock-raising
1. Donnik I. M. Environment and animal health.
2. Donnik I. M., Shkuratova I. A., et al. The system of bacteriological control at poultry farms of the Sverdlovsk region.
Guidelines. Ekaterinburg : Ural Publishers, 2005. 20 p.
3. Donnik I. M., Kuharev B. F., et al. The system of air disinfection at poultry farms. Ekaterinburg : Ural Publishers, Publishing
House of the USACA, 2007. 35 p.
4. Principles of definition and assessment of corrosion activity of detergents and disinfectants : approved by Chief Veterinary
Office of the Ministry of Agriculture of the USSR, 24.06.1974.
5. Methods of laboratory researches and testing of disinfectants to assess their effectiveness and safety : approved by the Сhief
state sanitary officer of Russia 04.06.2010.
6. GOST 9.908-85 “Metal alloys. Methods for corrosion and corrosion resistance determination”.