Аграрный вестник Урала № 12 (118) 2013Лесное хозяйство
Ordering the definitions of basic concepts of the contemporary forest management for recreational purposes
The article focuses on results of ordering the definitions of basic concepts in the use of forests for recreational purposes
due to the fact that some definitions, given in industry standards do not fully meet modern requirements or they are performed
in violation of the rules of logistics or terminology. The relevance of this issue is caused by the scientific basis and introduction
of ecosystem management method of recreational forests into the practice of forest inventory design and forest planning.
This method, in turn, is a prerequisite for the establishment of recreational use of forests as a priority type of forest resources’
use in many regions of the country, thus making a significant income and fully preserving the ecological balance. The study
of the theoretical basis of recreation showed that due to many changes, existing industry standards do not fully meet modern
requirements. In addition, some of the definitions given in the industry standard IST 56-84-85 are made in violation of the rules
of logistics or terminology. For improvement of the definitions recommendations by E. B. Alaeva have been used revealing
the requirements for tandem “term-definition” and definition. The results of the analysis of compliance of terms of the existing
definitions with these methodological requirements are given, and the grounds for the reasons of revealed inadequacyare
shown. Considerable attention is paid to ordering of the definition of the main term — “Recreational use of forests”. For a complete
explanation of the term the definitions of related concepts are provided that meet modern criteria, and directions of further
ordering of concepts and terminology in the modern use of forests for recreational purposes are defined.
term definitions, methodological requirements, ecosystem method of forest management of recreational forests
1. Serikov M. T. The essence of ecosystem forest management method of recreational forests. Forest inventory and forest
management : Interuniversity collection of scientific papers. Krasnoyarsk, 2000. P. 184–191.
2. Serikov M. T., Bugaev V. A., Odintsov A. N. Basics of recreational forest management: tutorial. Voronezh Reg. Acad., 2004.
3. OST 56-84-85 The use of forests for recreational purposes. Terms and definitions. M. : publ. house fitz., 1986. 7 p.
4 . OST 56-100-95 Methods and measuring units of recreational load on forest natural complexes. M. : publ. house fitz., 1995.
5. Lotte D. S. Fundamentals of scientific and technical terminology. Questions of theory and methodology. M. : Publishing
house of Academy of Sciences, USSR 1961. 159 p.
6. Alaev B. Socio-economic geography : the conceptual and terminological dictionary. M. : Mysl’, 1983. 350 p.
7. Kondakov N. I. Logical dictionary and reference-book. M. : Nauka, 1975. 721 p.
8. OST 56-108-98 Forestry. Terms and definitions. M. : publ. house fitz., 1998. 56 p.
9. Forest Code of the Russian Federation dated from 04.12.2006 № 200-FZ : current edition of 30.07.2012. URL : http://ppt.
10. The Civil Code of the Russian Federation of 30.11.1994 № 51-FZ : current edition of 03.07.2013. URL : http://www.consultant.
11. Rules of forests’ use for recreational activities : Approved by the Federal Forestry Agency Order of 21.02.2012, № 62.
URL : http://www.rosleshoz.gov.ru/docs/leshoz/205.