Аграрный вестник Урала № 09 (127) 2014Агрономия
REGULARITIES OF INHERITANCE OF RAW PROTEIN IN F1–F2 HYBRIDS OF GRAIN SORGHUM
It is carried out a hybridological analysis of F1–F2 hybrids of grain sorghum, selected according to diallel scheme, from hybridization of four contrast parent forms (Belozernoe 100, ZSK-4, 34045, Otbor 100) due to “content of raw protein”. In the result of study of hybrids of the first and the second generation of grain sorghum these are established different types of inheritance: from hybrid depression to overdominance. Among 12 amalgams of F1 hybridization three combinations possess hybrid depression; one hybrid possesses complete dominance of a smaller value of a feature; three ones possess partial dominance of a smaller value of a feature; two ones possess partial dominance and half dominance of a larger value of a feature; hybrids of 34045 with Otbor 100 and ZSK-4 with 34045 possess complete dominance of a larger value of a feature; a hybrid of 34045 with ZSK-4 possesses overdominance. In the result of F2 hybridological analysis it is established the configurations of curves of hybrids distribution differ according to variants of hybridization, differences among parent forms, direction and level of dominance, number and strength of genes. Generally content of raw protein in most F2 hybrids of grain sorghum vary in the limits of variability of parent forms, though these were some positive and negative transgressions in certain cases. Genetic analysis of inheritance of content of raw protein carried out for grain sorghum shows that the mentioned feature is controlled with 1–4 genes. The largest genotype differences (4 genes) are found between 34045 and Otbor 100. The differences in 1 gene are found between parent forms Otbor 100 and ZSK-4, ZSK-4 and Belozernoe 100. The differences in 2 genes are found in Belozernoe 100 with parent forms Otbor 100 and 34045. The differences in 3 genes are found between parent forms ZSK-4 and 34045. The strength of one gene varies from 0.53 to 1 %.
protein, hybrid, inheritance, gene, splitting, asymmetry, dominance
1. Beseda N. A. Inheritance of plant height of grain sorghum // Proceedings of Kuban state agrarian university. 2010. № 3 (24). P. 80–82.
2. STST 10846-91. Grain and products of its processing. Method of protein testing // Grain. Methods of analysis. M. : Publishing of standards,
2004. P. 18–23.
3. Ishin A. G., Elkonin L. A., Tyrnov V. S. Sorghum : problems of genetics and selection. Saratov : Publishing of Saratov University, 1987. 105 p.
4. Ishin A. G., Khusnetdinova T. G., Kostina G. I., Morozov E. V. Selection of grain sorghum for food in the conditions of South-East of Russia. Groats sorghum (Sorghum Oryzoidum M) // Scientific supply of extension of sorghum crops and maize for grain in dry regions of South-East and CIS countries : materials of International scientific-practical conference of September 19–20, 2003. Saratov, 2004. P. 112–122.
5. Kostylev P. I., Beseda N. A. Genetic basis of inheritance of durability of vegetation period of grain sorghum // Grain Economy of Russia. 2010. № 1 (7). P. 22–26.
6. Likhopoy V. I., Zhadko G. V., Kazakova A. S. Content and inheritance of raw protein in grain sorghum // Complex investigations in selection, seed-growing, methods of sorghum cultivation : collection of scientific works of ARRI of sorghum. Zernograd, 1995. P. 35–39.
7. Merezhko A. F. System of genetic study of initial material for plant selection. L., 1984. 68 p.
8. Merezhko A. F. Use of Mendeleev principles in computer analysis of inheritance of varying features // Ecologic genetics of crops :
materials of a school of young scientists. Krasnodar, 2005. P. 107–117.
9. Smirnov V. G. Significance of genetic collections for fundamental investigations and selective programs // Identified genofund of plants
and selection. Saint-Petersburg : VIR, 2005. P. 783–806.
10. Griffing B. Concepts of general and specific combining ability in relation to diallel crossing systems // Austral. J. Biol. Sci. 1956. № 9.
Download article as PDF: