Аграрный вестник Урала № 10 (128) 2014Агрономия
VARIETY OF DURUM WINTER WHEAT AGAT DONSKOU
Variety of durum winter wheat Agat Donskoy is selected with the method of intraspecific step hybridization using line 70/96 selected by ARRIGC with Ukrainian variety Alyj parus at the last stage of hybridization. Agat Donskoy is characterized with a complex of economic-useful features and properties. At first it is stable to brown, yellow rust, powdery mildew, loose smut as at field conditions as at artificial infection. Frost resistance of the variety is above average and almost equal to the best domestic variety Donchanka. It’s highly resistant to regional type of drought. The resistance to lodging is above the standard (4.3 points, while the standard is 3.1). The variety is middle late, it spires and ripens three days later than Donchanka. It’s a highly produc- tive variety. During seven years of testing (2007–2013) the average productivity with black steam predecessor is 6.82 t/ha, which is on 1.09 t/ha more than one of standard variety Donchanka. During the researches at State variety testing, its productiv- ity showed good results in comparison with varieties of other research institutions. The grain quality meets the demands of RF StSt 52554 for durum wheat. According to evaluation of laboratory of grain quality in ARRIGC, virtuousness is 94 %, initial weight of 1 l of grain is 796 g/l, protein content is 15.38 %, content of second group quality gluten is 28.4 %, SDS-sediment is 35 ml, carotenoids’ content is from 536 to 570 mkg/%. The properties of macaroni: colour of pasta — 4.6 points, firmness — 782 g, cooking properties of pasta — 3,5 points, dry residue is 6.2 %, the total mark is 3.8 points with Donchanka respectively: 5; 771; 3,6; 5,8; 3,9. The variety is included in the State Register of selective achievements in North-Caucasus region in 2014 for cultivation after steam and best non-steam predecessors.
wheat, variety, resistance, diseases, productivity, quality
1. Volkova T. V., Kremneva O. Yu. et al. Methodical instructions on study of wheat stability to a complex of pathogens.
Krasnodar, 2013. 43 p.
2. Druzhinin A. E., Sibikeev S. N., Krupnov V. A., Voronina S. A. Introgressive selection of mild wheat in Low Volga in
changeable weather conditions // Agricultural Gazette of South-East. 2013. № 1–2 (8–9). P. 48–50.
3. Kovtun V. I., Derov A. I., Derova T. G. Results of selection on resistance to diseases of Don wheat : materials of International
science-practical conference. Odessa, 2007. P. 22–23.
4. Sanin S. S. et al. Recommendations. M. : Rusinformagrotech, 2002.138 p.
5. Shevchenko S. N., Korchagin V. A., Goryanin O. I., Malchikov P. N., Viushkov A. A., Chichkin A. P. Production of high
qualitative grain of durum spring wheat in Middle Volga : science-practical handbook. Samara : SamScC of RAS, 2009. 75 p.
6. Samofalova N. E., Ilichkina N. P., Dubinina O. A., Ionova E. V. Role of selection for productivity increase and improvement
of economic-biological features and properties of durum winter wheat // Grain Economy of Russia. 2011. № 6 (18). P. 19–25.
7. Ionova E. V., Samofalova N. E. Water regime of durum winter wheat in dry conditions // Grain Economy of Russia. 2009.
№ 4. P. 16–18.
Download article as PDF: