Аграрный вестник Урала № 10 (128) 2014Агрономия
SELECTION FOR SEEDING MILLET PRECOCITY
The genetic analysis of millet seed samples with different length of the growing period and hybrids F1–F4 derived from them. The regularities of inheritance of the trait highlighted a number of early maturing hybrids with complex agronomic traits. The article presents the results of studies conducted in the laboratory breeding and seed grains crops. The main task of breeding work with millet is the creation and systematic improvement of varieties, providing a zone of insufficient humidity higher yields and stability, improving the quality of grain and millet, as well as facilitating technology millet cultivation and reduce the costs of energy and labor. For successful cultivation of millet and post cut crop sowings should be established early maturing varieties. Research has established that powerful leafy plants late varieties of millet require exceptional conditions for the full realization of its high potential productivity .In the area of insufficient moisture such conditions are added very rarely. Terms of lack of moisture in dry years, as well as the shortfall amount temperatures during certain periods of development of plants in optimal humidity years has resulted in a sharp decrease in “filling panicle”. Most stable performance “filling panicle” in dry years and the highest responsiveness to wetting are early-maturing varieties, intended for cultivation in the southern regions of Russia.
selection, millet, precocity, productivity, vegetation period, adaptability, inheritance
1. Velsovsky V. P. Problems in creating a new generation of varieties agro-eco-types // Scientific basis for the creation of models
and varieties agro-eco-types zonal technologies of cultivation of leguminous and cereal crops for different regions of Russia.
Orel, 1997. P. 191–195.
2. Zhuchenko A. A. Adaptive Crop. M. : Agrorus, 2009.
3. Sokurova L. H. Search for sources of valuable traits in the gene pool of millet VIR collection // The role of genetic resources
and breeding achievements in ensuring the dynamic development of agricultural production. Orel : Cartouche, 2009. P. 148–
4. Sokurova L. H. Source material for breeding of millet on high productivity in the steppe zone of Kabardino-Balkaria //
Herald Eagle SAU. 2013. № 3.
5. Sokurova L. H. Millet as an intermediate culture // Legumes and cereal culture. 2012. № 3. P. 47.
Download article as PDF: