Аграрный вестник Урала № 11 (129) 2014Экономика
REINDEER HUSBANDRY AS A BASIC BRANCH OF THE NORTH’S TRADITIONAL AGRICULTURAL SECTOR
In the article were showed the problems of development of reindeer herding in the market conditions. Identified its impor- tance to the livelihoods of the indigenous peoples of the North, the economic, social and ethical role of reindeer herding-the na- tional industry, which employs mainly indigenous population. The Russian Federation is the largest country on the population of deer. The authors highlighted the peculiarities of the development of domestic reindeer breeding, such as: the most extensive forms of agricultural production, the need for a large number of changing seasons pastures (335.2 million hectares, or about 20 % of the area of the Russian Federation). Were performed a retrospective analysis of quantitative indicators of domestic rein- deer herding in terms of macro-regions and regions of the country. Showing causes that influence the growth of public and pri- vate livestock in Soviet (industrial and transport development) and post-Soviet (formation of market relations, privatization and more) periods. The authors show how active technogenic impact affects the development of the taiga and tundra reindeer herding area (for example, the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous district — Yugra). The authors have shown the influence of the Reformation of the economic system of the country as well. Reindeer husbandry is of great social and cultural importance for the conservation of indigenous ethnic groups in areas traditionally inhabited. Identify the role of financial support from the Fed- eral and regional authorities as a factor in maintaining the industry under market conditions, and the extent of its development from the availability of grazing land and labor resources. Researcher shows the importance of creating community or coopera- tive farms that are the most acceptable form of deer herds in the present.
traditional industries, domestic reindeer herding, the indigenous small peoples of the North, the industrial development of the area
1. Economy and culture of the Far North for the 1940–1985 biennium. M. : RSFSR, 1986. P. 85, 87.
2. The main indicators of socio-economic conditions of the Far North. M. : State Committee on Statistics, 1992. P. 103–104.
3. Economic and social development of indigenous peoples. 2000. M. : State Committee on Statistics, 2001. P. 96.
4. Economic and social development of indigenous peoples. 2003. M. : Federal State Statistics Service, 2004. P. 218–219.
5. Economic and social indicators of the Far North and equated localities in 2008. [Electronic resource]. URL : http://www.
6. Development of reindeer in the Russian Federation for 2013–2015 : sectorial program : Order of the Ministry of Agriculture
of 14.01.2013 No 11.
7. On the development of reindeer in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous district — Yugra : Law No 44-oz from 07.07.2004,
ed. from 13.01.2006 г. No 6-оz.
Download article as PDF: