Аграрный вестник Урала № 06 (136) 2015Агрономия
УДК:635.2 : 631.524
COMBINING ABILITY OF POTATO VARIETIES AND HYBRIDS IN BREEDING FOR
Modern potato varieties should possess a complex of economically valuable traits, to meet the requirements of the consumer market, and this is associated with a significant expansion in the number of parameters, which are selection, hybridization and selection of breeding material. The complexity of breeding objectives requires new approaches not only on the evaluation of the source material, but also on its effective use in hybridization, comprehensive analysis and accelerate the breeding of new varieties. The effectiveness of selection depends largely on how well matched the parent form. The correct selection of pairs for hybridization, given the nature of inheritance of important properties that will allow you to create varieties with a unique combination of genes, forming a peculiar set of economic and biological indicators and signs. Thanks to new varieties ensures the stability and quality of yield, resistance to adverse environmental factors and pests, manufacturability and cost reduction in the cultivation. Selection of pairs for hybridization is carried out both by genotype and phenotype. Given the complex polygenic nature of inheritance of the majority of breeding traits in potato, selecting only the phenotype is not always effective. More reliably on the breeding values of the original forms can be judged by determining their combining ability (CA). The article presents the results of the evaluation of hybrids of potato valuable characteristics (productivity, number of tubers, marketability, average weight of marketable tuber) at different crossing combinations for 2013–2014. Held the analysis of the correlation between the studied traits. Defined general and specific combining ability (GCA and SCA) maternal and paternal forms. Selected the best parent form, which can be recommended for use in potato breeding.
potatoes, hybrid, productivity, number of tubers, marketability, the average weight of marketable tuber, the degree of dominance, correlation, combining ability
1. The genetic basis of plant breeding. 4 so Private genetics / Ed. by A. V. Kilchevsky, L. V. Khotyleva. Minsk : Belarus. Nauka, 2010. T. 2. P. 156–234.
2. Methodology State trials of crops : potatoes, vegetables and melons. M. : Kolos, 1964. 248 p.
3. Guidelines for the maintenance and study of the world collection of potatoes. L. : 1976. 27 p.
4. Methodical recommendations on the application of mathematical methods for the analysis of experimental data on the study of combining ability. Kharkov, 1980. 76 p.
5. Simakov E. A. Anisimov B. V. Priorities Development of breeding and seed potatoes // Potatoes and vegetables. 2006. N. 8. P. 4– 5.
6. Turbin N. V. Khotyleva L. V., Tarutina L. A.. Diallel analysis in plant breeding. Minsk : Science and technology, 1974. 184 p.
7. Shanina E. P. Combining ability of parental forms potato // Potatoes : collected scientific articles. Minsk, 2012. P. 63–68.
8. Yashina I. M. The Importance of variety in modern manufacturing technologies potato // Actual problems of modern industry production of potatoes. Cheboksary : PMC CR “Agro-Innovation”, 2010. P. 41–44.
Download article as PDF: