Аграрный вестник Урала № 11 (141) 2015Животноводство
VARIABILITY AND HERITABILITY OF ECONOMIC-BIOLOGICAL FEATURES OF COWS OF BLACK-MOTLEY AND HOLSTEIN BREEDS IN CONDITIONS OF TRANSURALS
Selection of cows on the degree of development of the main signs of breeding is one of the main elements of the breeding work. The base, which gives the material for screening is the variability of the feature quantity. A heritability of the same signs are different for different populations, they are depending on the specific characteristics of the herd. Therefore, in order to heritability parameters used in breeding, it is necessary to calculate these rates for a specific stock due to active use of Holstein cattle in different regions of the Russian Federation. The purpose of work is to study the variability and heritability of basic economic-useful signs of dairy cattle of black-motley and Holstein breeds of leading breeding plant of the Transurals JSC “Glinka”, Kurgan. It is necessary to maintain the achieved high level of milk production and effective development of dairy cattle breeding industry with current technology elements of milking of high yielding cows. The findings suggest that the degree of heritability of milk yield quantities of bred livestock positive and it is on the average level. It is noting the high variability of milk productivity of cows of black-motley breed for first and second lactations. Indicators of the variability of milk yield in a herd of Holstein cattle in all lactations are high and demonstrate that there are reserves for further improvement of cows for milk production by selection. The heritability of fat and protein in animals of black-motley breed weakly positive, in Holstein specimens slightly negative. It has been established that the possibilities of increasing the quality and quantity of economically useful signs of cows of black-motley and Holstein breed are available. However, they are individual for specimens of each breed, and it must be considered in the further breeding work.
black-motley breed, Holstein breed, selection parameters, efficiency
1. Braginets S. A., Loginov Zh. G. Impact of level milking of cows of Holstein breed on a number of economically useful traits // The Fifth Intern. scientif. conf. of Iran and Russia on the development of agriculture. SPb., 2010. P. 393–397.
2. Donnik I. M. Biological features of productive animals in different ecological zones of the Urals // Agrarian Russia. 2000. № 5. P. 19–24.
3. Donnik I. M., Lorets O. G. Influence of milking technology in the milk production and quality of milk cows // Agrarian Bulletin of the Urals. 2014. № 12. P. 13–16.
4. Prokhorenko P. N. Holstein breed and its influence on genetic improvement of productivity in black-motley cattle of European countries and the Russian Federation // Dairy and beef cattle breeding. 2013. № 2. P. 2–6.
5. Perminova O. V. Influence of genetic potential of highly productive cows on economic-useful indicators of daughters // Bulletin of Omsk State Agrarian University. 2012. № 3. P. 35–39.
6. Sivkin N., Strekozov N. Variability between adjacent lactation milk yield in the selection and evaluation of the conditions of the cows // Dairy and beef cattle breeding. 2013. № 4. P. 8–10.
7. Teziev T. K., Kokoeva A. T., Kadieva T. A. Inheritance of productivity and quality of milk of cows of blackmotley breed of a different genotype // News of Gorsky State Agrarian University. 2014. Vol. 51. № 4. P. 95–103.
Download article as PDF: